Monday 9 November 2015

Mademoiselle Privé

Last week I took sometime out of doing my uni work to visit the massively popular Chanel exhibition. I had been warned by a friend that the queue would take up to an hour but I was undeterred! I was determined to see they exhibition and the queue couldn't be that long right?



I could not have been more wrong! We queued for over an hour and once inside it was massively overcrowded. It was hard to stop and look and things in each room as there was pressure to move on to keep the people flowing.



There was an app which provided most of the information to the exhibition but due to the vast numbers of people this was very slow. When it did work it showed beautiful animations and gave interesting facts about the origins of the brand and Chanel herself.



The clothes were presented beautifully with luminous poles through the centre of garments to show the exquisite details. There was also a video of Karl Lagerfeld talking to the ghost of Coco Chanel which was very interesting to watch (after we had queued for 5 minutes to get into the room!).

All in all the exhibition was great but very poorly organised which created hold ups and build ups of people. On the bright side everyone was given a poster of a beautiful illustration  which now hangs on my wall next to my Louis Vuitton poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment